You're a school teacher with a primary or junior music class. You:
- have limited to moderate musical ability
- have little time due to other teaching commitments
- don't want to shortchange your students regarding their musical education
- are reluctant to tackle this challenge alone
You need help to achieve your music program goals. You want a book which:
- adheres to the Ontario curriculum
- has step-by-step, creative and fun lesson plans
- helps introduce your students to the joy of music
- increases your own knowledge of music and improves your ability to teach it as a subject
The Key to your Primary Music Program
The Key to your Junior Music Program
will help you reach these objectives
Both books contain songs that have singable melodies and familiar rhythms that children remember. The songs are organized to support the sequential and developmental nature of learning music. Both resource books meet the requirements of the Ontario curriculum.
Each book contains:
- long range plans with scope and sequence and a time line
- lesson plans for each song and the method for teaching the required skills
- "Help Pages" that explain staff notation, conducting patterns, hand signs and the rote method for teaching a song
- "Teacher Cue" sections that accompany each song to help the teacher who has limited musical training
- songs that are set up in monthly groupings to be used with the long range plans
1. The postage costs based on your location appear in the opposite column.
2. Click the appropriate "add to cart" button for your region that appears under the book(s) you wish to purchase.
3. On the Paypal shopping cart page, update the number of books you want.
4. Proceed to the "checkout" page on Paypal. Enter credit card details and mailing address.
5. Ensure that the total cost matches the number of books and the per item shipping charge.
6. If you wish to return to the Paypal page at anytime without adding more items, click on the "view cart" button.
7. If you have any questions before ordering, do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail.
1. Anywhere in Canada:
a. The Key to your Primary Music Program: $6.00 per book
b. The Key to your Junior Music Program: $6.00 per book
2. Anywhere in the United States:
a. The Key to your Primary Music Program: $7.00 per book
b. The Key to your Junior Music Program: $7.00 per book
3. International (by air):
a. The Key to your Primary Music Program: $13.00 per book
b. The Key to your Junior Music Program: $13.00 per book
4. For large orders (over 10 books), contact Jean Schulze or Marie Skelding by e-mail for a quote.
As knowledge and confidence increase, teachers can use the system from the resource books to add other songs to their music program.
From experience, these books work. Even specialists will find that having a program planned and ready is a valuable asset.
Not just for teachers.
Also suitable for:
- parents home-schooling their children
- summer camp instructors
- day-care workers and directors
- university students studying to be teachers
- parents and grandparents